Please Note: Users must have External/Internal Sharing, Upload and Download permissions in order for the Adobe Extension panel to work properly. For best practices, we suggest creating a custom role for users who utilize the Adobe extensions.
MediaSilo’s new Adobe Panel offers editors the option to create Public and Public with Password QuickLinks directly from their sequences, as well as download and import MediaSilo project files into their Adobe application projects.
The panel is available for download here and is compatible with Premiere Pro 9.1+, After Effects 13.0+, Photoshop 16.0+, and Illustrator 19.0+.
You must have an Adobe Creative Cloud account. Legacy offline Adobe products are not recommended as updates can not be pushed to add-ons.
You must have a MediaSilo free trial or paid account.
You must have the specific product suite install for the available MediaSilo add-on.
Installing Adobe Add-Ons:
MediaSilo + Adobe add-ons will be listed in your add-ons directory. Please follow these steps to find and install them:
Ensure the file-sync capability is enabled in the Creative Cloud desktop.
Go to https://creative.adobe.com/addons and log in with your Adobe Creative Cloud account information.
Search the MediaSilo Adobe Extension
Click the "Free" button to install the extension.
Your Activity Stream in the Creative Cloud app will show when the add-on is successfully installed. If it does not show there is a likely chance it did not sync from your online account.
Quit and relaunch all Creative Cloud apps to allow newly acquired add-ons to complete installation.
Logging in and Navigating the Adobe Extension:
- Navigate to Window > Extensions and select "Mediasilo"
- Enter your user credentials to login
- Once logged in, you have the ability to perform a global search and toggle between recent uploads or projects in the upper right corner
Importing Files from Mediasilo to Adobe:
- For files that you are allowed to download from a project, you will see an "Import" option in the lower corner of the file's thumbnail. If you don't have permission to download, you will see "View Only" for each file you hover your mouse over.
Uploading files to Mediasilo from Adobe:
- Click the quicklink in the left hand panel and select the "New Quicklink" button below
- Leave all other fields blank and for the "Store in Project" dropdown menu, select the project in question you wish to upload the file to.
- Please Note: If you are using the Adobe Extension in Premiere Pro, the file will be sent to Media Encoder before being uploaded.
Sharing files via a quicklink directly from the Adobe Extension:
- Click the quicklink icon in the left hand panel and select the "New Quicklink" button below
- Enter emails of recipients, any specific messaging, subject and settings for the quicklink and click the "Create Quicklink" button
- You can navigate back to the quicklink panel to track status, remove, or open quicklinks that have been created
Modifying settings for the Adobe Extension:
- In the lower right-side of the panel, you can manage your Panel Settings such as whether or not you want to download your MediaSilo source files or the proxy that we generate as well as the number of assets displayed in the panel.
Question: Is SSO (single sign-on) supported?
Answer: Yes, users who authenticate with SSO can login to their account in the panel.
Question: What settings to encode my sequence at before uploading to MediaSilo?
Answer: We encode your sequence to meet our proxy specifications (.mp4’s with .h264 codec. The bit rate will not exceed 4 MB/s or a frame size of 720p, Audio will be mixed down to a maximum of 2 channels with an AAC codec and 48000 Hz sample rate.)
Question: Can I replace a file in a QuickLink I’ve already sent out?
Answer: No, we do not support file replacement at this time.
Installation of Adobe extensions is handled by Adobe. Please review Adobe's troubleshooting steps to resolve most installation issue with any add-ons here. You may also contact their support here.