The Metadata panel, on the right side, is where you can view and edit the Metadata on your assets. You may only Edit data that has been created under "CUSTOM". Metadata imported with a file will need to be edited within the file in a media application that supports metadata tagging.
**Users will need the Edit permission to Add Custom Metadata. Users will need the View, Edit, and Delete permissions to remove Custom Metadata. When your asset is ingested, MediaSilo extracts all available Metadata. Supported metadata formats include XMP, IPTC, GPS, and EXIF. The panel also allows the creation of all custom key and value pairs.
Add Custom Metadata:
- Select an asset.
- Select coin stack icon on the right-hand panel of the window.
- Click Add.
- Input Key and Value.
- Click Save.
To Edit Custom Metadata:
- Ingested Metadata cannot be edited, but Custom Metadata can be.
- If you’ve entered Custom Metadata, simply locate it and click the pencil icon to right. Make necessary edits and hit Save
To Remove Custom Metadata:
- To remove a Key-Value Pair, highlight either the Key or Value field and click the Delete button to the right of the pair.
- When you have selected multiple assets, the Metadata Panel will only show common metadata. If you add or delete metadata when multiple assets are selected, these changes will apply to all selected assets.