To best fit into your workflow, MediaSilo does not have specific upload file specifications. Instead, we support a wide range of file types and codecs, and have just a few guidelines for making sure your file will preview correctly within MediaSilo:
File Names and Extensions:
- File names must have a supported extension. Click here for a list of supported extensions.
- File names can contain only supported characters--which are letters, numbers, single spaces, dashes and underscores. The browser uploader will automatically check for a valid extension and filename before upload; unfortunately, FTP clients are unable to do so and must rely on users' diligence.
- Content must be uploaded as individual files. Folders cannot be uploaded, unless archived as a .zip file.
- Anamorphic videos will not be un-squeezed, and will need to be converted to 1:1 square pixels PAR before upload.
- Videos must meet our supported containers and codecs
- Video and audio files must have at least 1 audio channel within 1 audio stream. Any audio channels beyond two will be mixed down.
- Having zero audio channels or more than 8 channels within a single audio stream will not generate a preview.
- Mono audio streams are supported, but multiple mono audio streams will not be mixed down properly. Mono channels will need to be exported in stereo pairs in a single audio stream, for all your audio to play back in the proxies that MediaSilo generates.