If Watermarking has been enabled on your account, Project Owners and Administrators will have the option to Watermark entire all video files that live a project. Non-video files will not be watermarked. Only the watermarked proxy is available for download to users with the Download permission on the projects.
What is Forensic Watermarking?
A Forensic Watermark is also called a digital watermark. It is a sequence of characters or code embedded in a digital document, image, video or computer program to uniquely identify its originator and authorized user. A forensic watermark does not have a visible watermark, but instead has a digital embedded code in random locations within the content, making it difficult to detect and remove.
How do I enable Forensic Watermarking for my Mediasilo account?
If you have Watermarking enabled for your account, you automatically have access to forensic watermarking. Please note that Forensic Watermarking will only be available for videos uploaded after 7/10/2017. Videos in a project uploaded before this date will no longer playback while Forensic Watermarking is enabled.
How do I use Forensic Watermarking for a Project?
1) Select the Project Tile of the project you wish to watermark and navigate to Watermark Settings in the Gear Icon on the right-side panel:
2) Click the 'Forensic' Checkbox and Save.
- Files must have motion to properly Watermark
- Files under 2 minutes may not be long enough to properly Watermark, which may cause an error message to appear.
- Files may seem delayed at ~75%, this is normal as the file may take 1x the length of the video to completely process this is where our system is calculating the completion rate of the file.