There are a few reasons why someone would be unable to add a user to a project:
When a user does not show in the dropdown list of users:
- If you have Project Owner permissions and do not see a user in the system listed in the dropdown menu, it is because Project Owners can only see other users who they have collaborated with in previous projects. If you are unable to see a user, this is because you probably have not been assigned to a project together and would need to have an admin add the user to the project.
'This email address is invalid' error:
- Make sure the email address is spelled correctly.
- If you are sure the email is spelled correctly and you are still receiving this error, you probably have a space before or after the email. This usually happens when you copy and paste an email instead of typing it in. Once the extra space is removed the error will disappear.
Unable to add any users at all:
- Make sure you have permissions to add new users to projects.
- If you have the correct permissions and are unable to save new users you've created, you may have hit your limit for how many users you can add to your system. Please check the user tally to see if your limit has been reached.